Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Sketching up Highgate Hill with the Brisbane Urban Sketchers

Glorious morning, very hot, around 32 at midday.  We were sketching at Highgate Hill Park.
This gracious pocket park on Highgate Hill’s highest ridge sits 62m above sea level, affording the most striking close-up views of Brisbane city.
Originally a wild reserve, it was taken over by the then South Brisbane Council in 1902 when a tram-line was run along nearby Gladstone Rd and subsequently the ornate white pavilion which still stands today was built for public shelter and entertainment.

 I sat in the lovely pavillion on a bench, and looked away from the city, to the houses behind me.  No 163  caught my eye.   Sketched in my Fabriano Venezia 9.5" sketchbook with my Lamy Safari pen and Noodlers black ink and  Watercolours.






Here is a view of the park




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...