Tuesday, June 2, 2015

SKETCHING AT ROMA STREET PARKLAND

Brisbane is known for it's glorious winters.  Today was no exception.  Crisp this morning, warming up to a beautiful cloudless, sunny day.
The Brisbane Urban Sketchers met at Roma Street parklands for our Tuesday Sketchout.

I ordered a Noodlers Konrad Brush pen some time ago, and it arrived yesterday afternoon.  I was excited to try it out today, and it surpassed my expectations, as did the Noodlers Forest green ink I had bought awhile ago and not yet tried.  The brush pen I bought, has a clear barrel, so I can see how much ink is in it..


This was my test sketch, to see what strokes I could get, using my Hocroft 225gsm sketchbook 
I sketched a  cormorant drying his wings, an Ibis standing sleepily in the warm morning sun, and a Willy Wagtail sitting on a wire fence. We were sketching in the Lake Precinct.
 
 
This time I used a waterbrush on the ink to see what effects I could get.  The ink is not waterproof, and lends itself to some really exciting sketching with a waterbrush.  Same sketchbook as above.
 

This sketch is in same sketchbook as well, and I used a 0.5 Uni Pin pen, and watercolour.



While I was sketching here, there were a lot of inquisitive water dragons watching me.
 
 


Thank you for looking.  If you want to see larger images, please click on them.

 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...